Автор Тема: Подыхает ли линейка SWRPG?  (Прочитано 1403 раз)

Оффлайн Снифф

• Посетитель
    • Просмотр профиля
Подыхает ли линейка SWRPG?
« : 08 Август 2005, 19:38 »
Некая компания Wizards Of The Coast зашибает деньгу на таком продукте, как ЗВ миниатюры. Направление новое и прибыльное. Я, конечно, ничего против этого не имею, миниатюры как миниатюры, но Визардовский контракт с Лукасартс подразумевает строго определенное количество продуктов ЗВ в год, и, выпуская продукты по миниатюрам, это делается в ущерб SWRPG (d20). Которая, к тому же, не обладет открытой лицензией.

В общем, забугорный народ собрался и выдвинул свою петицию:

[url=http://www.petitiononline.com/savswrpg/petition.html]http://www.petitiononline.com/savswrpg/petition.html[/url]

там нужны самые минимальные познания в области англяза.
We have come from the ashes of the burning away
Pouring blood in the fire on the altar of pain
Led into temptation, now the black gods align
Here there is no salvation and your blood is my wine.

Оффлайн Garr

• Участник форума
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #1 : 20 Август 2005, 08:17 »
Почему-то думаю, что д20-продукт ждет та же самая судьба, что и д6. Пока приносил прибыль - был в фаворе - приквеллы держали на плаву несовершенность системы и интерес к ней. Причем, заметьте, ни один из продуктов WOTC не был ориентирован на Россию и СНГ (MTG не считаю). А у забугорных фанатов, всё-таки, другие интересы, варгеймы там в большем ходу (мягко сказано), чем у нас. Буржуинам, по сути, глубоко по барабану, на чём бабло рубить - спрос есть спрос. И если маркетинговые исследования показывают, что пластиковый Чубакка на гексагональном поле приносит больше процентов прибыли, чем тупое дополнение линейки д20 - туда силы и бросят. Все очень просто и потребительски. Что и коробит. Как когда-то из-за д6.
Помни, все, что ты сделаешь сейчас - эхом отзовется в вечности...

Оффлайн Снифф

• Посетитель
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2 : 29 Август 2005, 17:55 »
Gary M. Sarli (ведет визардовский сайт по ЗВ д20, создавал игровые параметры персонажей и техники из третьего эпизода, короче к SWRPG имеет прямое отношение):

на каком-то их визадовских обсуждений:

"As would be expected, the very first question asked was what's up with the RPG. Chris Perkins (Creative Director for RPGs and Minis, former SW Brand Manager, former SW Gamer Editor-in-Chief, etc.) and Bill Slaviscek (Director of RPG and Minis R&D, and also one of the guys whose name is on your RCR, and a SWRPG designer all the way back to the West End Games days) took the question and discussed it for several minutes. (BTW, I'm probably getting their titles wrong, but these are literally the top two guys in charge, and I personally talked to them quite a bit in private.)

The first thing they said was to repeat the bit about SWRPG being on hold but not being closed or permanently shut down. (Nothing new there.) They added that this is a topic of very frequent discussion -- good to know, I think, that they think about it as much as we do. They went on to say that right now it's just not feasible to produce dedicated SWRPG books -- however, they stressed that they do provide support on the website (and have no plans to stop in the foreseeable future) and that they are constantly looking for ways to support SWRPG in print. For example, Ultimate Missions: Revenge of the Sith had an RPG appendix -- not much, but it's a start.

They also brought up that someone had brought up the idea of changing the focus of the Ultimate Missions series so it would have much more RPG content, specifically using the Minis as a springboard to develop new "crunchy bits" by creating new feats, Force powers, prestige classes, etc., inspired by the new Minis abilities that are developed for new sets. In any event, Bill mentioned that the Ultimate Missions series is not selling as well as they'd hoped -- the competitive minis players can't use it for sanctioned events so they have thus far not been very interested in it, and there aren't enough "casual" minis players who want the new scenarios. Thus, one could logically come to the conclusion that making a more mixed product that provides better support to both the minis and the RPG -- thus appealing to both sets of players -- might be something that they are seriously considering. Unfortunately, they didn't go into any more detail than that, but it's very clear that they're trying to work out a way to make it work. It's really just a question of finding a way to do it that is financially feasible.

One other thing about the RPG they mentioned: They do go out of their way to try to provide a very wide variety of minis so that players can find one that matches their PC. (I think that everyone from the species chapter of the RCR has been covered, and a pretty good chunk of UAA has found its way into minis form, too.) Let's see: Abyssin, Aqualish, Bith, Bothan, Cerean, Chagrian, Chiss, Devaronian, Dresselian, Duros, Ewok, Fallen, Gamorrean, Geonosian, Gotal, Gran, Gungan, Hutt, Iktochi, Ishi Tib, Ithorian, Jawa, Kaminoan, Kel Dor, Klatooinian, Mon Calamari, Muun, Nautolan, Neimoidian, Nikto, Noghri, Polis Massa, Quarren, Rodian, Shistavanen, Skakoan, Sullustan, Togruta, Trandoshan, Tusken Raider, Twi'lek, Umbaran, Utapaun, Weequay, Wookiee, Yuuzhan Vong, Yuzzem, Zabrak. Oh, and a whole bunch of Humans.

Anyway, in my opinion, this is a sign that they really, really want to make RPG stuff, and it's just a matter of figuring out how to actually do it. They're big Star Wars fans and gamers, just like us, and they don't want it to go away -- and they really are doing everything they can to keep it alive.

(BTW, I did have private discussions about this stuff with the Powers That Be, and I made sure they're aware of your interest and the petition -- and while I can't share any details because of Non-Disclosure Agreements, I can assure you that nothing said to me confidentially contradicted what was said in the seminar. I'd be putting a really negative "don't get your hopes up" spin on things if that were the case. )"
We have come from the ashes of the burning away
Pouring blood in the fire on the altar of pain
Led into temptation, now the black gods align
Here there is no salvation and your blood is my wine.

Оффлайн Smoll

• Участник форума
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #3 : 30 Август 2005, 14:32 »
:blink:  :blink:  :blink:
Пути Силы не исповедимы...

Есть кто живой, из знающих SWRPG D6?

Автор ShirsonРаздел Настольные игры по Звездным войнам

Ответов: 7
Просмотров: 2653
Последний ответ 29 Сентябрь 2006, 16:48